Friday, May 23, 2008

Lisa Kelly


Hey! You! Yes, I am talking to you! Have you heard? I want you to meet someone. Her name is Lisa Kelly and she is one of the soloists with the acclaimed Irish group Celtic Woman. I saw Lisa in March of 2005 as I was flipping through channels. I saw her singing May it Be from Lord of the Rings and instantly I liked her. She is no stranger to the stage. She is trained classically in singing and piano. She did theater and Riverdance for 5 years! She then did a self titled cd "Lisa". That is a cd worth buying! After she had her second child, David Downes asked if she wanted to be part of 'Celtic Woman'. Thinking that it was a one night thing deal, she agreed. (We know what happened to that 'one night thing')

I love all of the soloists (past and present) but it's Lisa who stands out for me. Her stage presence is utterly amazing. When she sings, she sings with passion and love. Just watch her! You can tell. There's no doubt she doesn't. When I see her smile, I end up smiling myself. You can't help it. This woman is addicting and in a good way! Her face expressions are priceless and ones that I will hold forever. I have never met Lisa but from the people I have talked too, she is the definitely the one who I would want to meet. I am not sure if I will ever meet her but seeing her in concert is good enough for now.

Visit her website http://www.lisakellyfan.com/or http://www.celticwoman.com/trellis/Lisa/

No comments: